Pfalz Flugzeug-Werke of Speyer/Rhein was founded by the Everbusch brothers with backing from the Bavarian government, in order to assure some native supply of aircraft. The Pfalz factory was established in Speyer, near Mannheim, in July 1913. They began by building licensed Morane-Saulnier derivatives, but later in the war Pfalz developed their own designs. Throughout the war their planes were used heavily by Bavarian Jastas, but other pilots tended to prefer planes from Fokker and Albatros.
Production aircraft from the Great War or shortly thereafter include:
- Gray, p.183.
- Gray'65, p.4.