Società Anonima Nieuport-Macchi, Verese, was best known for their flying boats. The company was incorporated on 1 May 1913, though it had built its first aircraft in 1912. Aircraft from the Great War or shortly thereafter include:
- Two M.3's were refitted with Fiat A.12 engines as the M.4, but the project was abandoned in favor of the M.9.
- The M.6 prototype was based on the M.5 with different strut arrangements, but it was abandoned after showing no advantages.
- Alegi'03, p.10.
- Gregory Alegi, Windsock Datafile 99: Lohner TI/Macchi L1. Great Britain: Albatros Publications, Ltd., 2003. ISBN 1-902207-54-8
- Kenneth Munson, Fighters 1914-19, Attack and Training Aircraft. New York: MacMillan Publishing Co., Inc., 1976. ISBN 0713707607
- Kenneth Munson, Bombers: Patrol and Reconnaissance Aircraft, 1914-1919. New York: The MacMillan Company, 1968, Blandford Press Ltd. ISBN 978-0753721711