|First flight||1916 |
|Introduction||July 1917 |
|Number built||11 to ~17|
|Wingspan||18.0 m (59 ft 1 in)  or|
19 m (62 ft 4 in) 
|Engine||220hp Mercedes D.IV inline|
|Armament||rear flexible Parabellum|
|Max Speed||136 km/h (85 mph) to 142 km/h (88 mph)|
|Climb||1,000 m (3,280 ft) in 10:00|
2,700 m (9,000 ft) in 27:30
The Lübeck-Travemünde F.2 was first designed as a four-bay biplane in early 1916, but production orders were of a three-bay design. It saw service over the North Sea and Baltic in small numbers. While never a star, it performed its workmanlike patrol duties well. Production trickled out slowly, with the last F.2 delivered in May 1918. 
For more information, see Wikipedia:Lübeck-Travemünde_F.2.
- Nowarra, p.28.
- Gray, p.470.
- Nowarra, pp.206-207.
- Peter Gray and Owen Thetford. German Aircraft of the First World War. Great Britain, Putnam, 1962, 1987. ISBN 0-85177-809-7.
- Heinz J. Nowarra, Bruce Robertson, and Peter G. Cooksley. Marine Aircraft of the 1914-1918 War. Letchworth, Herts, England: Harleyford Publications Limited, 1966. ISBN 0900435070