S.S.Shchetinin and M.A.Schcherbakov had started an aircraft factory in St.Petersburg in 1909. At first they built Nieuport and Farman designs, but after hiring Dimitry Pavovich Grigorovich as their chief designer, their production shifted to his robust flying boats, which were built in large numbers. As of June 1917, Grigorovich left the Shchetinin firm and formed his own company, producing flying boats in small numbers starting with the M.17.
Production aircraft from the Great War or shortly thereafter include:
- Durkota, p.268