Brothers Maurice and Henri Farman experimented with several designs before the war, several of which were adopted by several nations and used both early and well into the war. In 1909 they pooled their assets and formed Société Henri et Maurice Farman, Billancourt, though they continued designing independently until the Farman F.40. Though their planes were very common in 1914-1916, they did not keep up with progress of aircraft development and their only production non-pusher was the Farman F.50, which arrived near the end of the war.
Production aircraft from the Great War or shortly thereafter include:
- Davilla, p.206.