|Designer||Heinrich Oelerich |
|Introduction||spring 1916 |
|Wingspan||13.3 m (43 ft 7 in) |
|Engine||150hp Benz Bz.III|
|Armament||fixed, sync. LMG08/15|
rear flexible Parabellum 
The D.F.W. C.IV is overshadowed by its famous successor, the D.F.W. C.V, which became the most common German two-seater of the war. The C.IV used the common 150hp Bz.III engine, a solid performer but a little underpowered for the time. The radiator was mounted flush in the top wing and the control surfaces were unbalanced. It first appeared in Spring of 1916 and was built by both D.F.W. and Aviatik.  The C.IV served through to the Armistice.
For more information, see Wikipedia:DFW C.V.
- Munson, p.113.
- Lamberton, p.132.
- Lamberton, pp.222-223.