|First flight||spring 1915|
|Introduction||May 1916 |
|Number built||< 10|
|Engine||2×80hp Le Rhône rotaries|
|Armament||Chauchat MG and carbines |
The "A3" specification called for a machine with three crewman, a pilot and gunners fore and aft. The Caudron G.5 was Gaston Caudron's first attempt at meeting this specification, a twin-engined biplane. It was seriously underpowered and was redesigned as the Caudron G.6, but a small number of them were built and used by front-line escadrilles, only to be replaced by the G.6 as soon as they became readily available. 
- Davilla, p.156.