|First flight||July 1913|
|Primary user||U.K. (RFC/RAF)|
|Developed from||Avro 504|
|Wingspan||11.0 m (36 ft) |
|Engine||80hp Gnome rotary|
|Armament||usually none, up to 36 kg (80 lb) of bombs|
|Max Speed||100 km/h (62 mph) - 105 km/h (65 mph)|
|Ceiling||3,700 m (12,000 ft) - 4,000 m (13,000 ft)|
The Avro 504B was constructed for the RNAS and retained the long ailerons of the original Avro 504. (The RFC and RNAS insisted on different specifications for their 504s, forcing Avro into the wasteful practice of creating special aircraft for each.) It was the first 504 to deploy the landing skid that would become common on future models. While a few 504Bs were used in service from Dunkirk, most were used for training. 
For more information, see Wikipedia:Avro 504.
- Lamberton, pp.214-215.
- Angelucci, p.23.
- Bruce, p.44.
- Enzo Angelucci, ed. The Rand McNally Encyclopedia of Military Aircraft, 1914-1980. New York: The Military Press, 1983 edition. ISBN 0-517-41021-4.
- J.M. Bruce. British Aeroplanes 1914-18. Great Britain: Funk & Wagnalls, 1957, 1969. ISBN 0370000382
- W.M. Lamberton and E.F. Cheesman, Reconnaissance & Bomber Aircraft of the 1914-1918 War. Great Britain: Harleyford Publications Ltd., 1962. ISBN 9780900435027